What do YOU want to see?

Discussion in 'Forwarded Suggestions' started by Blankeh, Sep 28, 2014.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainCrunch

CaptainCrunch New Member

As for the rest off you, scripting takes a hell of a long time and you all want it now, I'd be more than happy to help but you won't get all these scripts over night, people have lives.

2. Jos

Jos New Member

I fully agree with Swizzlah.

I really think that if the map gets changed that the player base will rise.
    Simply because it's smaller, so it has more interaction and action. Which is what people search for in DayZ.

3. CaptainCrunch

CaptainCrunch New Member

That looks like and awesome map, plenty of places for base and cool meet ups for rp opportunities!

4. jukzeh

jukzeh New Member

Yeah the map Podagorsk is a good map, also very popular due to youtubers making vids on it etc, chernarus can be a little boring for those who have played Arma 2 / DayZ for a while.

5. Stefan

Stefan Member

Podagorsk will get boring even faster considering the fact it's a significantly smaller map. I think we should make the changes that we've insisted on making now and sticking with them along with any SCRIPT suggestions that are suggested. The initial vote was Chernarus and I see no point in changing it now if we used to peak at 20+ players when the server was opened.

6. LeRealSwizzlah

LeRealSwizzlah New Member

Lots of servers have Chernarus as their standard map. Most players hate wasting hours walking towards action, the changes so far were scripts which can apply on the new map as well. I'm pretty sure most players left due the map itself eventually. Most have school/work which consumes most of the day and having to run great distances to meet up with your friends or the action that's happening somewhere is a turn-off for most players. Podagorsk is also a well detailed map which has it's own beauty. Let alone the fact that there's only a handful of Podagorsk servers and thousands of Chernarus servers. What makes this community more appealing than the others? The odds of becoming more succesful than 10'ish other Podagorsk servers rather than 600'ish Chernarus servers is a far more realistic mind set. Podagorsk has a huge forest up North, the map itself is still pretty do-able it's only that the lower half of the map actually has population and construction in it. The North has a small military base and mainly animals with of-course the scenic surroundings. I've made a few bases on Chernarus myself, gathered quite the gold and what not but for the sake of the server I feel like a change is needed where players can find excitement again rather than farm AI spots and perhaps getting a kill there once in a while. It's a PvP game-mode where such interaction is required as much as possible. It's still a shooter with survival aspects attached, at the end of the day you'd want to shoot a few players whenever they are survivors or bandits, that's your morality at hand.

7. Stefan

Stefan Member

Plenty of people get into shootouts in this map as it is. There is really no need for any changing of maps. If anything, we should continue developing it script-wise rather than jumping to one entire change.

8. LeRealSwizzlah

If only we had plenty of people to play.

9. Stefan

Stefan Member

10. CaptainCrunch

CaptainCrunch New Member

CHANGE THE MAP!! Scripting takes a long time, we need a quick fix. and anyway stefan who are you to decide? its the peoples voice!!

11. Blankeh

Blankeh FoCo ArmA Management

I'm with Swizz on this one as stated in the group discussion. Just played P0dagorsk on CCG and Christ is it fun, it may be smaller but hell it's great. Adding in script suggestions, with this map I could see alot of fun & hours thrown into it.

12. Stefan

Stefan Member

I can probably guarantee that people will ask to have their building supplies refunded for their bases, as well as their vehicles which they've put time and effort into. I would be a little upset if we moved to a new map after just building a medium sized base and buying an MV-22 for 5 briefcases alongside the other vehicles I've bought. I think I speak for a majority of community members when I say that.

13. Blankeh

Blankeh FoCo ArmA Management

Can be arranged, not a problem.

14. LeRealSwizzlah

I invested a lot of time into building bases and gathering things as well, I'm sure those who feel like moving to Podagorsk also have to sacrifice that. Everyone has to start off clean then aside those who donated most likely. Look at it as an investment towards more activity. It'll be fun to play on Podagorsk!

15. Stefan

Stefan Member

To be honest, I don't see much fun in a smaller map. And we bought up a point earlier where people are already complaining of getting killed within 5 minutes of spawning. If anything that's fun about it, it'll be trying to maintain a steady base without getting killed within 2-3 minutes in the process.

16. Matt.

Matt. New Member

lets change

17. Golden

Golden New Member

I honestly want a new map too. I've played Chernarus for far too long but I can see why people want it to stay for newer players. I'm edging towards a new map personally, though.

This Podagorsk map looks great.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  18. KenshiLSRP

KenshiLSRP New Member

Bring Namalsk

19. LeRealSwizzlah

I understand your concern, however it should be do-able not getting spawn killed. You can easily hide from players close to the spawn regions. You keep stating that people are complaining about getting spawn killed though, I haven't seen anything regarding that issue aside you who's using it.

20. Stefan

Stefan Member

Actually, Smithy pointed that out in the staff discussion that we had earlier, if you were paying attention to that. Regardless, we should do another poll on the LS:RP forums as it has plenty more people who can potentially join the server IF we were to make any map changes to it, which means that pretty much quite a few things would also change alongside it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.