What do YOU want to see?

Discussion in 'Forwarded Suggestions' started by Blankeh, Sep 28, 2014.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blankeh

Blankeh FoCo ArmA Management

Okay, it's no secret the playerbase has dropped severely, instead of 20+ average. We're averaging around 5 which is terrible. So within the next week I will be grabbing every single one of the Staff and we will essentially 'revamp' the server. Obviously, we have the Suggestions forums for a reason, and as always we take what you guys want to see, however I will create this topic to be updated with ideas, suggestions and more.

So, what do YOU want on the server to interest you coming back?

Current Suggestions
    • Supplies Missions, such as the ever popular "Ikea" script.
    • Buy-able locks boxes & combo locks.
    • Towing Vehicles // Heli Lift.
    • Larger build limit.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    Matt. likes this.
  2. Stefan

Stefan Member

I personally think we should have a higher build limit or even no build limit. It's pretty ridiculous when you try to build a medium sized base just big enough to land a Huey there, and the server decides not to let you due to the build limit.

3. Armqus

Armqus New Member

Add the ability to tow vehicles.

4. Blankeh

Updated, keep them coming.

5. Armqus

Armqus New Member

I'd also like to see a list of vehicle & heli prices from all traders on the forum so there's no need to always wonder do I have enough gold for a certain vehicle. lol

6. Blankeh

That can be arranged, will take some time but it can be done.

7. Stefan

Stefan Member

I also do think that we should start getting more people into the staff team before we get a larger playerbase. At this point, I feel that the moderators are more active than the management team. Granted that we all have school, work, etc, but a larger staff team and maybe some staff promotions would be more helpful for the server to cover the timezones during which people might be playing.

8. Blankeh

Not gonna happen as of yet, due the lower playerbase as it is.
    Example: 20 players player, 10 apply, and 10 get accepted as Staff. Thats half the playerbase who are staff, it's fine how it is.

http://forum.focogaming.com/index.php?threads/vehicle-list-with-prices.82/

9. Stefan

Stefan Member

If not something similar to that, then at least offer current staff promotions to maybe even out the ranks between the staff members. Might sound a bit odd, but it's kind of hard to explain it. Basically, I think it'd be best to already have the staff ranks evened out for a larger player population. E.G; 3 managers, 3 administrators, 3 moderators or something along those lines. If not exactly like that, then for now, 3 managers and 3 administrators so we can handle any issues that arise (refunds, reports (still need a section for it), etc) instead of having to stress the managers with all of the work.

10. Stefan

Stefan Member

Maybe if at all possible as well, adding a list of all of the rules somewhere in the server as an MOTD or something, since most people might not have already seen them on our section of the forums. Causes less confusion as a result.

11. Smithy

Smithy FoCo ArmA Management

Administration promotions are to be discussed within managers or around them. It's not a 'server-wide' suggestion. Would be more helpful if you could link the scripts on the topic also, from EpochMod or DayZ's websites.

12. Stefan

Stefan Member

I don't mean to say we should already be doing that or considering it now, but it would be a useful strategy when we get a higher playerbase.

13. LeRealSwizzlah

LeRealSwizzlah New Member

The server can run just fine without staff, it's not a role-play server where players need to be moderated. This won't raise any population aside those who seek staff powers. You don't need a promotion as well, moderators already got enough features available as it is. A player can hop in the server and have a blast without the needs of admin interferance. Most people die due DayZ mechanics or their bugs which shouldn't be refunded hence there's no point in any staff moderation on new/current players. It just needs more challenging aspects. One of the things that ruined it as well was the size of the ORT group, ain't nobody gonna have a good time killing AI knowing there could be a 7 man squad around in no time. We don't need special events or anything, just the regular game-play. Most probably lost their interest in the server or the mod itself, ask the regular player what he/she dislikes and work from that.

EDIT: Please no towing or heli lift, the server is fun when it's close to vanilla. I'd rather not play a minecraft creative mode on DayZ.

14. Stefan

Stefan Member

We're more or less going off of the "lost interest" idea. As for clans/groups, that's not really anybody's obligation to care about if they're in the group. People are free to team up as they want freely, which is the point of DayZ anyways. As for staff, I believe that staff is necessary to have because of issues we've had with people in the past who decide to come onto the server purely to troll around and ruin other players' fun and interest in the server. If it's a bug, of course the player deserves to be refunded if they legitimately paid for what they lost. Otherwise, management is in charge of taking in new staff members and promoting existing members, so if there was an issue within staff, that would be their responsibility to handle.

15. Stefan

Stefan Member

16. Smithy

Smithy FoCo ArmA Management

Combo locks added.

CaptainCrunch likes this.
  17. LeRealSwizzlah

A shift of map might be something I and perhaps others might look forward to. We're a small community with a large map which has been around for years and it the long travels around the map for action seems mind-numbing and time exhausting. Shifting to the Podagorsk map might be a solution to the player-base. It's a significantly smaller map which would suit the player-base and the players that will join beyond that. It's action packed due the size and it's not hard to jump into the action as soon as possible. You don't need to run 30 min to get from one side of the map to the other. The forest up North is great for players who prefer the solitude and the deeper you go South the more hardcore the PvP will be.

We all have had a taste at the community that started up, it went great in the beginning and it slowly decayed as the time progressed. I've heard some players prefer a new map than the same ol' Chernarus and this might be a great change.
    With an official re-opening date set and lots of advertising we might be able to get things running again. The community enlisted scripts which they'd love to see and it should be noted down to move these with us. Those who donated in the past should be able to get their donation package benefits renewed on the new map and giving everyone a fresh start at DayZ on FoCo.

Podagorsk only got a few towns, making player interaction more common than you think. It's more immersive and you'll feel less bored when traveling over the map. Most players don't know about Podagorsk and a new refreshing map might be something that keeps us knocking many hours into the server again. Hopefully you as the player will check the map out which I enlisted below and cast your opinion about it. The population of the server is low, in my opinion sticking to the map might be a hard reach for a stable active player-base.

The map of Podagorsk is below:
    http://dayzero.xam.nu/podagorsk

18. Stefan

Stefan Member

The problem is that most players DON'T know about it. You can't expect to simply change maps when all of the current suggestions haven't even been implemented. Otherwise, AI bases that can be raided by players was another suggestion bought forth to myself, and I'll post it here as a suggestion.

19. CaptainCrunch

CaptainCrunch New Member

Swizz i love your idea to change the map, that map looks awesome. And there will be plenty of player interaction!!

20. LeRealSwizzlah

There you go. Have a peek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.