Potential donation expansion

Discussion in 'Suggestions Section' started by KenshiLSRP, Sep 4, 2014.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. KenshiLSRP

KenshiLSRP New Member

Hey there
    Alot of people who are younger then 16-18 don't have acces to their own credit card yet, nor are they allowed to use anyone else's. Or in my case, have a credit card, but that isn't compatible with what Paypal uses.
    As a result, the vast majority of those people use "paysafecards" to make purchases online. Basicly its a slip of paper with a PIN on it, that gives acces to 5-10-25-50-100€ payments online.

Perhaps it could be possible to use this method and perhaps others that are simular and incorporate it into the donation system.
    I saw no other play to put this, and I figured it was infact a suggestion.
    Please don't kill me if I did put it in the wrong section.

2. Blankeh

Blankeh FoCo ArmA Management

Perfect place to put it Kenshi, I'll bring this up with the management team.

3. Smithy

Smithy FoCo ArmA Management

I believe the reason we use Paypal is for the reason that anyone can set it up and link it to a bank account and get going. Paypal has a API that krisk has worked with before and knows quite well, so making the donation system was a breeze. I'll read up on these paysafe cards over the weekend.

4. KenshiLSRP

KenshiLSRP New Member

Don't get me wrong smith, Paypal is THE most widely used method for donations, and cash transactions in general.
    However, as a european and more specificly, the west-european I.E Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden and perhaps norway? all have Paysafecards. I've confirmed this myself as I know people in all those countries.
    And the main thing is, Paypall is great if you already have a bank account set up in place. And there are infact people who do not yet have a bank account or a credit card.
    That's what paysafe cards are, disposable one-use only "debit cards". A quick and very frequently used method.
    Major corporations, I.E Origin, Steam, Wargaming already incorporated the usage of paysafecards, and it is one of the primary non-paypall methods of which purchases are made.

Again, the suggestion is to ADD this as another option next to the already existing paypall option.

I really appreciate the fact you'll look into this mather Smithy, and for that I wholeheartedly thank you.

5. Stefan

Stefan Member

I don't see why we couldn't add this option of payment for donations. I support it.