I know that this is the idea behind Day Z, but...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Dominic, Sep 8, 2014.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dominic

Dominic New Member

Whoever's going around raping bases and taking walls / roofs / stuff people have purchased with real money, or worked for in the game, thanks.

I decided to play on this server because it was, for a while, not like any other server. It wasn't one where I constantly felt that whatever I did on the server would be pointless because some scrubs would eventually mess it up. I felt that this server was different because it had a decent playerbase full of people who actually felt the same about Day Z - for a while. Everybody wanted to build their bases and engage in shootouts with eachother, gear up, and assault. It makes sense, that's Day Z. But when it comes down to one player (or more) who go on a blitzkrieg mission just to destroy other bases while everybody's offline, the game no longer becomes fun. Not all of us have hours upon hours at our disposal to play this game. I work 48 hours a week, and this server (for a period of time) was basically the only Day Z server I was able to play, due to the fact that I could go to work and know that my base would be fine when I got home that day. I wouldn't have to worry about logging off to do real life things that needed to be done.

Now, I login today and find that (after logging in last night, not a long time frame but the server was low-pop throughout the night) my base has completely been ransacked. I do understand that yes, it's a part of the game, but it just completely ruined the game for me. I was, for the most part, trying to stay clear of everybody's targets, as I enjoy playing with nearly everybody.

I was hoping that this server would be different, but tldr, it's not.
    So thank you, again. Thank you for ruining this game for me.

2. Blankeh

Blankeh FoCo ArmA Management

Ranting on the forums about how one individual playing the game is not going to change anything. I understand your frustration due to the circumstances, but at the end of the day that's what DayZ boils down to. The endgame of DayZ is PvP, Raiding & Assaults, there is only so much you can do before you get bored, die and restart. It's a progress based game, and thus people have progressed to assault bases, namely yours, and now your progress is to rebuild given the items within the game.

Sorry that this has happened to you, but as you stated, it's the point of the game.

3. Dozier

Dozier New Member

When you donate for a base it doesn't mean it's going to stand forever. It's probably why I haven't donated for a base. If I were you, I'd find this bastard!

4. Blair

Blair FoCo ArmA Management

This exactly.

Go find out who did it and hunt them down.
    I heard like a few days ago some guy placed a bounty on one anothers head, kill him for X amount of gold.
    As Blankeh and even yourself stated, it's part of the game.

5. Dominic

Dominic New Member

I understand 100% that it's part of the game, I was just upset. After thinking it over, I'll be finding somewhere quite a bit more private with just a small base from now on. I'll be keeping to myself and, other than a few key players, I'll be ravaging everybody else. Looks like I'll be picking up a new play style... There's no such thing as friendly.

6. Blair

Blair FoCo ArmA Management

Glad to hear that you're over it. It happens, yeah. Just gotta look forward to the future. It's hard to play friendly in DayZ, really. I try to but it's difficult.

7. KenshiLSRP

KenshiLSRP New Member

I help those that need help. Offer supplies and send them of on their way.
    Whilst avoiding players with decent gear. Ill never open fire unless you are in my way.
    Thats my playstyle. Helpfull. But get the wrong idea and i will drop you quicker then a sack of potatoes

8. Smithy

Smithy FoCo ArmA Management

I've looked into this. Happened to me, Swizzlah too. I've looked into the settings and set it to be 30 days before decaying. Not sure if that's what's causing it, we shall see. I will fully refund and give you 1 move object placing to fix quickly!