DayZ Commander connection process.

Discussion in 'Suggestions Section' started by LeRealSwizzlah, Sep 11, 2014.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. LeRealSwizzlah

LeRealSwizzlah New Member

I've been wondering if it's possible for the server to be listed under DayZ Commander, most people which I chat up to join the server find it very un-comfortable using the SIX Launcher and to follow the guide to set yourself up to enter the server. I'm not sure if the server runs upon a dedicated host and if it's not compatible with DayZ Commander. Thought I'd put this up since I'm pretty sure it'll help the player-base rise up slightly.

2. Blair

Blair FoCo ArmA Management

DayZ commander is completely broken, seriously. Try using DayZ Launcher, it's like the exact same thing.

3. Carveso

Carveso New Member

What happened to it? As before this server started, I (and so did my friends) always used DayZ Commander to connect to DayZ servers.

4. Blair

Meh, no idea. Program just seems broken nowadays, doesn't work for anyone for this server. It happens with servers. In my opinion, DayZ Launcher is more a stable program now.

5. LeRealSwizzlah

LeRealSwizzlah New Member

If the DayZ Launcher is a better way to connect to the server than the process we have currently with SIX Launcher, is it possible to work a tutorial up for DayZ Launcher as well? The "how to connect" tutorial we have now seems to discourage most of the folk I advertise the server to.

6. Blair

Considering I made the Six Launcher tutorial that was on the announcement (The step by step guide), I'll work on a simple DayZ Launcher guide, although it's pretty straight forward. I'll work on it later today when it's not 4:25 AM.

7. Smithy

Smithy FoCo ArmA Management

The server is listed under DayZ Commanders' masterlist. The problem is DayZ itself, struggles to detect game-modes and specific servers sinc they moved to Steams' servers, not gamespy anymore. It also has issues with downloading/installing mods and mod updates.

8. Charles Rabbit

Charles Rabbit New Member

I've never had a problem joining a server with Dayz Commander expect with this server. My friends added launch parameters to get it to work. It shouldn't matter what launcher you use to join the server since all they really do is connect you to the IP and maybe it lets you add launch parameters. I've tried the Six Launcher before in the past, and I've received errors from the launcher itself, and it is complex to use.

Foco Server, it seems the version of Epoch is not displaying.
    [​IMG]

This is what hundreds of other server in the Dayz Epoch field looks like.
    [​IMG]

Since there are servers who are not having any problems with players joining, there is a fix. If you want more players, get the server patched to support players joining. This isn't just a Dayz Commander problem; even with the -mod@ running directly from Arma II OA, itself deems to give issues when a player is joining, otherwise which would work with any other Epoch server.

I really do hope somehow the issue can be fixed so I can get my one friend who ran into so many problems just trying to join this one (he was never able to get in).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  9. Stefan

Stefan Member

It's much simpler to just connect to our server via Steam. I personally use it myself, and it's a lot more convenient. All you have to do is go to your multiplayer tab, click remote, type in the server IP and port (if needed), and connect to the server with that method. It's a lot more stable and definitely less buggy than Six Launcher or DayZ Commander.

10. Blankeh

Blankeh FoCo ArmA Management

Only problem is, with it being only steam anyone outside of FoCo has no idea we exist. This needs sorting out for DayZCommander to pick us up.

11. Charles Rabbit

Charles Rabbit New Member

I do want to add, I have no problem joining the server, however, when my friends tried joining, they received errors saying certain mods weren't found. Regardless of the launcher they tried, they had to do a -mod@example1 -mod@example2 in the launch parameters to everything the server said was missing.